Friday, February 02, 2007

Novel View II or Captains’ Island Part I

In honor of Novel View’s big move I thought that I would post one of the greatest finds I ever did find in a little ol’ bookstore. Remember the little alcove connecting the two upstairs rooms? There were all sorts of old and interesting books there. I found this for a friend and loved it so much that I scoured the internet for it and bought a copy for myself and my brother. It’s one of the best books ever. I hope to post a little of the story each day, since it’s not really a book that you can often find. Here’s the cover and back, it’s what sucked me in. I never even read it before buying it. I just knew that it had to be a wonderful story.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

Angie, this is so cool! My favorite place was Title Wave, and it was there that I found a set of books I had gotten as a child - a time life series (I think it was called the Forgotten Realms series). My mom ordered them for me and I'd get a new book each month - the first was unicorns, the second was dragons - unfortunately the third book in October was on ghosts, and it was too much for my little self to handle. It was SO scary! My mom had to send them all back. As an adult, I was thrilled to find the entire series (minus the dragons) tucked away in an alcove at Title Wave.